Saturday, September 6, 2008

Dolly Parton - the nicest woman in show business?

What would you do if you were an artist and another artist performed your work and screwed it up?

Kudos to Dolly Parton for refraining from trashing Jessica Simpson, and encouraging her. Marc Malkin asked:

During the Kennedy Center Honors tribute to Dolly Parton, you messed up singing "9 to 5," but now Dolly not only wrote the title track of your album, she sings on it, too. Did you ever think you'd go from the Kennedy Center drama to being friends with Dolly?

Simpson responded:

You know, what happened at Kennedy Center, I really thought I was done singin'. I was just at a place where I’d lost a lot of confidence and I didn’t even know who I was. But Dolly totally took me under her wing and helped me up and over the cares of the world.

It went from the Kennedy Center to her being a part of this record and getting letters from her of encouragement. She told me she’s never been more proud of anything in her whole life. And I have it written down in her handwriting! I do owe a lot of my confidence to her.
blog comments powered by Disqus