Monday, June 20, 2011

And yes, George Harrison liked spam, spam, spam, and spam.

As some of you may know, I formerly used the pseudonym "Ontario Emperor" (and still use it on my last.fm account). Apparently the pseudonym got popular enough for SEO experts to plug it into their pages.

For example, take this page filled with links to chi flat irons (whatever those are; I didn't follow the links). The page, styled as a blog post, purports to list 100 Chinese emperors. And guess who appears as number 28?

28. Northern and Southern Song Wendi (Liu Yilong) - has aggressively Ontario Emperor

Now you may be wondering why I'm writing about this in my music blog. Well, because it gives me the really bad excuse to repeat the phrase...

It's only a Northern Song


If you're not familiar with the phrase, see this page. For more about the REAL story of the dynasties (which does not include me), see this page.

These are not four Chinese emperors.



IMHO, "It's All Too Much" is better musically, although I'm sure that Harrison was heartfelt in the lyrics to "Northern." (And when you think of Beatle innovations, don't forget that Harrison was responsible for "Taxman" - something that was rarely if ever released publicly before.)

P.S. And yes, the title was...um...Handmade.
blog comments powered by Disqus