Friday, April 19, 2013

Let me be an approximation of reality

After last night's Spotify listening session, I can't get Fedde Le Grand's song "Let Me Be Real" out of my head.



This morning, it occurred to me that there are some parallels - some - between the song and some of the discussions that Loren Feldman and Larry Rosenthal have been having of late. (See Loren's April 15 post for one such example.)

Of course, the fact that this song was brought to my attention via a music-sharing service in which I was influenced by people that I have never met - well, that's the way it goes.

Kind of the musical version of the map approximations that Nate Wessel has discussed in the past. (See my thoughts.)

And as long as we're talking about the differences between virtual reality and reality, here's what Phil Baumann wrote.

Not that Baumann's statements explicitly have much to do with music, but they do.
blog comments powered by Disqus