Sunday, October 19, 2008

OK, here's another set of underappreciated brothers

The Osmonds. "Crazy Horses." Live in the UK during their heyday.



Perhaps it's appropriate to share my second comment to a post about Marie Osmond's recitation of Hugo Ball's poem "Karawane" (with a mention of the Talking Heads' "I Zimbra" to boot):

Actually, [Donny Osmond's] role [in "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat"] was very consistent with the non-Dada side of his personality. Having performed in “Joseph” myself, and having heard the young Donny’s recording of “Let My People Go,” I can state that Osmond’s performances are perfectly consistent with his LDS theology.

I still have to find the lyrics for the Osmond Brothers’ “Crazy Horses,” however. That song might inhabit multiple worlds…


Perhaps I was wrong, or the Osmonds were covering up (which I doubt), but Songfacts lists two non-Revelation inspirations for the song - smoking, and pollution. Who knew?
blog comments powered by Disqus