Sunday, July 12, 2009

Empoprise-MU News - 12 July 2009

Empoprise-MU News


The news letter for Empoprise-MU - An Empoprises vertical information service for music news.



Welcome to Empoprise-MU News

I'm going to try to write an entire newsletter for the Empoprise-MU music blog without mentioning a recently-deceased chimp-owning, moonwalking, controversial musical king. We'll see how far I get.

Behind the Scenes

Actually this should be fairly easy, because I've been concentraing on the Royksopp CD "Junior" for most of the week, as this blog and my last.fm feed will attest.

But by the time you read this, I should just be getting over a period of semi-withdrawal - a period during which I will have gone almost two day without having the "Junior" CD, or MP3 versions of the songs, with me. I'm writing this in advance of a planned weekend trip out-of-state, a trip in which the CD will be left at home, and any computer containing the CD tracks will also be left at home.

Never fear, however - I've loaded "The Girl and the Robot" on to my ancient Motorola Q phone, where it is not only available for listening whenever I like, but where it is also serving as both a ringtone and a wake-up alarm. So I'll get at least a partial fix during the weekend, when I wake up (not that I will have fallen asleep watching MTV) or when someone calls me (not that I'm so alone).

Special Features

OK, I'm not the only person who has scrobbled "The Girl and the Robot" in the last few days. If you search the lastfmfeeds group on FriendFeed, you'll find at least a couple of others.

And if you check the last.fm page, I'm not even one of the top listeners.

Yet.

Upcoming

I compare Casey Kasem to Walter Cronkite. Really. Think about it.
blog comments powered by Disqus