Wednesday, July 15, 2009

If Alexa's Wish ever goes electronica, I'll be there

Several years ago, I would go to the occasional Alexa's Wish show in southern California. One interesting thing about the band is that because the band members were not high school kids, some of the fans of the band such as myself also skewed older. (I was probably in my late 30s when I was going to Alexa's Wish concerts.) Because many of us had jobs to go to in the morning, our ability to see the band was somewhat affected on weeknights.

It looks like I'm not the only one who has issues with this. For example, although I listen to the electro techno music at times, I've never been to a 3:00 am club date ("It's 3am, and DJ Whoever is spinning"). Turns out I don't have to:

Aficionados of dance music are used to waiting until the wee hours to catch top-of-the-line talent. But especially in summer an array of early parties, some outdoors, offer a respite from late nights and expensive clubs, allowing people with day jobs the opportunity to hear the latest in experimental beats and still be at the office on time in the morning.

“I go to the clubs, but not very often; it’s hard to fit it in for a working person like myself,” said Matthijs Koopmans, 52, an educational consultant from the Bronx and a fan of D.J.’s like Sasha and Digweed and Danny Tenaglia.


Now if only Major League Baseball would learn that you can only attract the younger generation with day games, the world would be a better place.
blog comments powered by Disqus