Wednesday, August 11, 2010

If you don't know what a "record store" is, don't go to the Vinyl Frontier in McHenry, Illinois

When I was growing up, I usually bought my music on round pieces of vinyl. Nowadays people don't even buy music in tangible form - it's just electrons and stuff.

But you don't have to download your music from Apple and Amazon. There's a store in my area called Rhino Records (and other similar stores), and there's a store in RoadDog's area called Vinyl Frontier.


View Larger Map

Friday was...a visit to the Vinyl Frontier in McHenry, one of the last local mom and pop record stores.

Spent a lot of time looking for CDs and talking with the owner...[who] showed my why analog is better than digital.

That is something I like about going to record stores that there is no way you're going to get it downloading. I feel sort of sorry for kids who will never get this opportunity.


Their MySpace page (hey, they're a music store) is http://www.myspace.com/music4less.
blog comments powered by Disqus