Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Why Berlin's Terri Nunn likes corporate events

As I've said before, even the biggest musicians don't always have concerts that are open to anyone who is willing to pay the Ticketmaster fees. Sometimes musicians play at corporate events, in which only people attending the function in question can attend. Over the years, I have attended concerts by such names as John Fogerty, the Gin Blossoms, the Psychedelic Furs, and Seal. Well, actually I didn't attend the Fogerty concert, and I skipped the Psychedelic Furs set, but I did see the others.

While we like to think that our musical heroes are pure and wonderful and reject the trappings of the corporate state, there is one clear advantage to performing at a corporate event.

You get paid.

Actually, there are other benefits, as Terri Nunn notes in an Oracle interview.

Blog Staff: This will be the third time you've performed at OpenWorld. What are your memories of the previous show?

Terri Nunn: The last time I performed at OpenWorld was one of the highlights of my life. The amazing Oracle people gave us the unbelievable opportunity to play with ELTON JOHN! I don't care where my career has gone or will go; that night will be a standout forever. The crowd seemed in a daze and it's no wonder. How often will you ever get to see Elton John and--even more incredibly--see him at a company party?


Later in the interview, Nunn also expressed her excitement at performing with the Black Eyed Peas.

I won't be able to make the concert this year, but I'm wondering - do you play the song "Sex" at a corporate event? (And do you play it at THIS corporate event?)
blog comments powered by Disqus