Monday, September 22, 2008

67 songs on the playlist for the "Securing the Moscone Center" Oracle OpenWorld Unconference presentation

(A brief aside - I didn't think that I'd be posting any Oracle OpenWorld related-stuff until during the Appreciation Event on Wednesday night. As I often find myself saying, "I was wrong.")

This is an update on my plea to suggest biometric-related songs for a playlist that I'm assembling for my Thursday presentation at the Oracle OpenWorld Unconverence. My plea also received a link from Jake Kuramoto in the Oracle AppsLab blog.

First, some sad news - I belatedly discovered that, even if I were able to get the playlist up to over 45 tracks, I still wouldn't be able to listen to it. The ability to listen to playlists is apparently limited to paying last.fm users.

Now, the good news - as of Monday evening September 22, the playlist has 67 songs, thanks to the contributions of many, including the aforementioned Jake Kuramoto; Louise; Kirk Donnan (Creative Director at Oracle); and last.fm user F6x, who not only suggested a lot of songs, but made sure to include songs from four of the artists who will be at the Appreciation Event on Wednesday night.

So, here's the playlist as of Monday night:

The Police – Wrapped Around Your Finger
Billy Idol – Eyes Without a Face
Junior Murvin – Police and Thieves
Bob Marley & The Wailers - I Shot The Sheriff
Eminem – My Name Is
Neil Young & Crazy Horse – Welfare Mothers
spamtron – voter registration phone call
The Who – Who Are You
ABBA – Knowing Me, Knowing You
Arcadia – Election Day
Harry Chapin – Taxi
Michael Jackson – Smooth Criminal
Randy Newman – Little Criminals
Bruce Springsteen – State Trooper
Stevie Wonder – Living For the City
The Human League – I Am the Law
Goo Goo Dolls – Iris
Blink-182 – What's My Age Again?
Audioslave – Be Yourself
Bad Religion – I Love My Computer
Eminem – Lose Yourself
Finger Eleven – Paralyzer
Journey – Be Good to Yourself
Metallica – Am I Evil?
Nickelback – Savin' Me
Optimus Rhyme – Obey The Moderator
Evanescence – Bring Me to Life
Phil Collins – Don't Lose My Number
Survivor – Eye of the Tiger
Hall & Oates – Private Eyes
Kim Carnes – Bette Davis Eyes
Royal Trux – Lunch Money
Patsy Cline – Fingerprints
Leonard Cohen – Fingerprints
I Want to Hold Your Hand
Talking Heads – Puzzlin' Evidence
Supertramp – Crime of the Century
Alien Ant Farm – Smooth Criminal
Ricky Nelson – Travelin' Man
Madonna – Borderline
Elton John – Border Song
Al Stewart – On the Border
Devo – Secret Agent Man
Owls – For Nate's Brother Whose Name I Never Knew or Can't Remember
TRUSTcompany – Retina
Janis Joplin – Trust me
The Shadows – F.B.I.
The Police – Every Breath You Take
The Doors – Touch Me
The Who – See Me, Feel Me
Øystein Sevåg – The Old Man
Frankie Valli – You're Just Too Good To Be True
They Might Be Giants – Fingertips
Filter – Take a Picture
Soundgarden – Face Pollution
Fiona Apple – Criminal
Ministry – Thieves
Thompson Twins – Lay Your Hands on Me
Peter Gabriel – In Your Eyes
The Guess Who – These Eyes
Daft Punk – Face to Face
Jane's Addiction – Been Caught Stealing
Seal – Touch
Elvis Costello & The Imposters – No Hiding Place
Alan Jackson – Listen To Your Senses
UB40 – Tell Me Is It True
Sly & The Family Stone – Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Again)
Failure – Stuck On You


By the way, there's actually a purpose to this exercise, since it illustrates both the different types of biometrics (finger, face, iris, retina, etc.) and the different applications for biometric identification, ranging from unsolve crimes to school lunches.
blog comments powered by Disqus