Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Johnny, go to Gaithersburg instead - you'll feel better

Confession - this is a non-scheduled post, posted immediately after it was written because I have nothing else to do on my current business trip.

(Who am I kidding? I could be catching up on Google Reader. Oh wait, I did that.)

So anyways, by the time you read this, I know for a fact that I have completed an all-day business meeting in Gaithersburg, Maryland. After the meeting is done, I had an evening ahead of me. I already told you about the options for my evening, including two musical possibilities.

Well, it turns out that I did not see TOMMY or listen to classical guitarist Tracy Anne Smith.

And I didn't even play trivia (yet), and I only prepared for the next all-day business meeting for about an hour or so.

And I didn't go to the National Naval Medical Center in Bethesda, Maryland.

By process of elimination, this means that I hung out with forensic scientists.

So why am I writing about this in my music blog? Three reasons:
  1. This is a follow-up to a previous post in the music blog.

  2. It is a chance to parody that very post in the music blog.

  3. There was actually some musical content during the dinner, as one person desperately tried to end the sharing of silly iPhone applications (an ocarina, a dentist drill) by sharing some Edith Piaf with the other assembled diners.
Edith Piaf's biography can be found here.

And a YouTube video can be found here.



And as for why I was watching a French video in late January...well, it's a topic that I briefly discussed at the dinner.
blog comments powered by Disqus