Sunday, May 31, 2009

Empoprise-MU News - 31 May 2009

Empoprise-MU News


The news letter for Empoprise-MU - An Empoprises vertical information service for music news.



Welcome to Empoprise-MU News

You knew this was going to happen. I started a "newsletter" for my Empoprise-BI blog, so I'm rolling the idea out elsewhere. I anticipate that this will come out weekly and discuss various items related to my Empoprise-MU music blog. You can come to http://empoprise-mu.blogspot.com/ to read it, or you can read it via an RSS feed or email (go to the blog and subscribe via RSS or email by going to the appropriate item in the upper left corner of the blog).

Behind the Scenes

This is pretty much a "behind the scenes" issue. Not only do I write about music, but at times I make music - after a fashion (I describe my music as "synthetica"; others describe it less charitably). In fact, my "Ontario Emperor" online pseudonym (and its predecessor pseudonym, "Theo Tres Thr3") was originally used for the MIDIs that I posted online. I then used the mp3.com service for a while, until that was reformulated into something else. I still play around with making music occasionally, and recently uploaded six very short music files to last.fm. (And yes, the "Before the Beta" song WAS named after the FriendFeed beta.)

Special Features

People who have read me for the last year or so know that I'm a big fan of last.fm - in fact, I created the lastfmfeeds group on FriendFeed - but I also use Pandora at times, primarily when I have networking problems (the dreaded 403 errors) that prevent me from accessing last.fm at times. For those of you who live in the United States, my Pandora profile is here.

But if you're on FriendFeed, I strongly encourage you to join the last.fm group. And if you'd like your last.fm song stream to be included as part of the group feed, please email your last.fm name to the Gmail account entitled "empoprises" and I'll fix you up.

Upcoming

I do have a really...um...special article cued up for Monday. And another one about Ozzy and the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. After that, we'll see what happens.
blog comments powered by Disqus