Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Dubstar website and Facebook group?

I was listening to my randomly selected last.fm tracks, and Dubstar's "Stars" came up. A wonderful song that I admired song before I realized who performed the song, and that the lead singer ended up becoming a Client.

So as the melodies wafted about me, I started searching around and found http://www.dubstar.com/.

Huh? I thought that Sarah Blackwood had left Dubstar long ago.

The site merely consisted of a link to a Facebook group, which turned out to be a fan group.

So I nosed around and found out that the website had been registered by one Steve Hilliard.

And, after some further nosing about, I found this:

We have news, but it's sad news...
Share
Friday, November 28, 2008 at 12:21am
It looks as though the reunion will now not be happening.

I am incredibly sorry to have to tell you all this. Sarah has now decided (at the 11th hour) to not do anything with dubstar and to concentrate on Client.

So now Steve and Chris find themselves sitting on 20 brand new finished recordings.

For those of you who aren't aware, Sarah posted a statement over on the Client forum, but it got such a negative response from fans that they have now taken it down.

Chris and Steve will NEVER work with Sarah again. They are currently figuring out how to move forward through all of this.

I am sorry to have gotten all of your hopes up.

None of this would have been made public if people had not been committed in the first place.


Ouch.
blog comments powered by Disqus